Romance Tidbits March 30, 2007Posted by Gerry Baron in Date Night, Things to do.
add a comment
Tips from Christina Aguilera’s husband
Christina Aguilera told People magazine: “He’ll fill my room with balloons and I won’t be expecting it. “I’ll come in the room and there will be balloons everywhere and a card and my favourite chocolates all around – and I’m always sending cards when I can, just cute little love notes.
“He always leaves Post-Its by my bed when I wake up in the morning telling me how much he loves me. All that gushy stuff, but it feels good. He’s the best.”
A Few Date Night Ideas from Redbook
Redbook had an article on 100 Great Date Night Ideas. Here are a few of them for you to consider:
- Go out for pizza — ask them to cut the pie into the shape of a heart.
- How about dinner and some stargazing at the planetarium’s evening show?
- Make a finger-foods-only dinner and feed each other.
- Take turns singing cheesy out-of-tune ballads at karaoke.oddcast.com or free karaoke.com.
- Enjoy a rousing game of Twister.
- Museums usually have one free night a week, so hit one then.
- Paint coffee mugs at a paint-your-own-pottery place.
- Ride the Ferris wheel at a local carnival.
- Try this kissing challenge: 100 kisses in three hours.
- Get up and move: Try swing dancing, tangoing or square dancing.
- Make a time capsule about your dating days to open 10 years from now.
add a comment
We at By Husbands For Husbands wanted to share some interesting information with our readers from a survey we conducted with over 900 wives. The survey covered a myriad of questions as it relates to husbands and their romantic quotient. Throughout the week, I will be breaking the results down for each question in more detail. But, for today, I want to present some of the overall results and get your opinions and comments.
Based on the survey we conducted, a common complaint of many wives is that their husband is no longer as romantic as he was when they first met. What do you think? Have husbands lost the fire for their wives? Have we become to busy to romance our wives – No Sex them – romance them?
Some Survey Results
• 29% felt their husbands were Moderately Low in Creativity, Frequency, Variety in romance.
• 53% felt their husbands were Very Low in Creativity, Frequency, Variety in romance.
• 76% desired their husbands to sign up for a By Husbands For Husbands Subscription to assist them reigniting the creativity and provide resource to enhance this area of their marriage.
For many husbands, date night means dinner, maybe a movie, and definitely “dessert” at home. That routine does pitifully little to meet your wife’s need for connection and intimacy with you. What do you think?
Creative Love Letter Ideas – Part II March 28, 2007Posted by Gerry Baron in Appreciation, Sweet Nothings, Things to do.
add a comment
Love is Puzzling
Write a letter on the back of a 100 piece jigsaw puzzle, then take it apart and let her put it together again.
Send your wife a video cassette of yourself telling everything you want your special person to know.
Extra-Special Love Letters
Here are a few things you can do to spice up your love letters and cards to your wife.
(1) Decorate the envelope with hand drawings or stickers.
(2) Scent the envelope and card with her favorite cologne. A good way to accomplish this is to put cologne on your wrist before you start writing. As your wrist moves across the paper, it’ll be scented.
(3) Write something on the flap of the envelope, so the first thing she sees when she opens the envelope is an, “I love you” or something else.
Say “I Love You” In A Different Language
Get a friend to help you write a handwritten love letter to your wife in a language she doesn’t speak or understand. Give it to her with something you treasure. She will have a memorable time getting the letter translated.
If your wife does your laundry, write her a love letter and leave it in one of your pockets. On laundry day she will find it while checking for forget me’s. Make sure to write her name on it so she will read it, and not just toss it in the waste.
When sending your wife a card or letter, handwrite a word search puzzle on the envelope with the words “I Love You” hidden and ask her to find the hidden phrase.
Get a big glass bottle with a cork on top. Glue sand, shells, sea weed, etc. on the outside of the bottle to make it look like the bottle has been laying on the sand for a very long time. Make a photocopy of your driver’s license or another picture of you. Write a letter about how you met and how you feel now. Roll the photocopy and the letter and place them in the bottle. Present the bottle to your wife.
A Ransom Note
Find something that your wife cherishes and kidnap it. Make a ransom letter by cutting letters out of the newspaper. Take a picture of the kidnapped item and include it in the ransom letter. Tell your wife what you want in return for giving back her cherished item.
Candy Bar Card
Write your wife a letter using candy bars to spell out the letters on a poster board.
Covered In Love
Write a surprise love letter to your wife on a bed sheet (you probably want to go out and buy one for this).
An Overlooked I Love You
Cut out nine small paper hearts and write one letter of “I LOVE YOU!” on each. Put the hearts in an envelope with a sheet of paper. On the paper, make outlines of the hearts with nine reasons why you love your wife.
By Husbands For Husbands March 27, 2007Posted by Gerry Baron in Uncategorized.
add a comment
In August, I will celebrate my 20th year of marriage. For a large portion of that time, I have traveled extensively. The travel put a huge amount of pressure on my marriage.
I learned the hard way that it’s very important to intentionally romance your wife. For the last 2 1/2 years, I have gone out of my way to be creative in the way that I romance my wife.
Earlier this year it dawned on me that other husbands might face the same challenge I have – feeling that I’m not creative enough and too often forgetting to schedule the time to plan for romance. This led me to create a new service, By Husbands For Husbands, to help husbands become heroes through creatively romancing their wives. The site is resource for husbands looking to enhance their most significant human relationship – the one with their wife.
Check it out for ideas and suggestions that you could use to keep the fire of desire burning in your relationship.